TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL LESSONS
1. All fees, including examination fees, are payable in advance. Payment for lessons is termly and should be made in full at the beginning of each term upon the receipt of an invoice. If payment is not received, the Conservatoire reserves the right to discontinue teaching and allocate the lesson to another student. Should lessons be discontinued whilst payment is outstanding, all lessons for that term remain payable. Payment of outstanding invoices will be pursued.
2. A half term’s notice of leaving, given at the start of term or at half term, is required. Notice should be emailed to email@example.com. Informing the tutor only, is not sufficient. It is at the Conservatoire’s discretion whether credits for other lessons or courses are offered.
3. Students will be re-enrolled each term unless they have given the required half term notice of leaving.
4. Each term normally consists of 13 weeks. There are 3 terms a year and usually no half term break for individual lessons.
5. Lessons missed by the student cannot be made up. If the teacher misses a lesson without providing a deputy, arrangements for make-up sessions or a credit will be made.
6. If you do not wish photographs/video of your child to be used for marketing purposes please inform us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GROUP COURSES
1. All students must enrol before attending a class, and payment be made at the time of enrolment. Students who are not on the register for a group class will not be permitted to attend.
2. Enrolment does not automatically continue from term to term, and previous attendance does not guarantee you a place in the following term.
3. A credit will be offered for the remaining sessions if notice to leave is received before week 2 of the course. (This does not apply to Group Instrument Tuition courses)
4. After week 2, a credit will only be offered if we are able to fill the place with another student on our waiting list. (This does not apply to Group Instrument Tuition courses)
5. Group courses take a one week half term holiday each term.
6. Lessons missed by the student cannot be made up. If the teacher misses a lesson without providing a deputy, arrangements for a credit will be made.
7. If you do not wish photographs/video of your child to be used for marketing purposes please inform us.
Roundabout Additional Terms and Conditions
This course is a commitment for one academic year of three terms. By enrolling your child on this course you agree to pay the full fee for three terms. Whilst your child will be guaranteed 33 lessons in total, terms may occasionally fall as different lengths.
8. In order to secure your place, the cost of the first term will be taken at the time of enrolment.
9. A credit will be offered if notice of cancellation is received 1 month before the start of the course. Enrolments cancelled after this date will not be reimbursed. Should your child be unable to complete the one-year Roundabout course, you will still be liable for the full fee There is no option for giving notice to leave.
10. Once confirmed, your child’s lessons will be on the same day and time for the whole year. Transfers between classes, or postponements, are not possible.
11. We cannot guarantee the order in which instruments will be studied, and we reserve the right to vary the instruments studied.
12. You will be invoiced for the next term at the end of each preceding term. Fees must be paid in accordance with the terms stated on the invoice.
Group Instrument Tuition Additional Terms and Conditions (including Tuesday Music School, Group Pian with iPad, Group Guitar, Highly Strung Ukulele, Adult Group Music classes)
These courses are designed as a one year commitment, with students progressing from stage 1 to 3 in 3 terms.
13. In order to secure your place, payment will be taken at the time of enrolment. This will be the cost of the first term.
14. A credit will be offered if notice of cancellation is received 1 month before the start of the course. Enrolments cancelled after this date will not be reimbursed. There is no option for giving notice to leave once term has commenced.